The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Add balanced input to M-125?

ptstucky

Add balanced input to M-125?

Post by ptstucky on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Apologies up front if there is already a thread on this, but I did not find the answer after a cursory search of the board.

Has anyone tried adding a balanced XLR input (in place of or in addition to the unbalanced RCA ins) on the M-125 monoblocks?  

If space allows, I would be interested in adding some XLR jacks and a Jensen transformer, but would like to know if others have attempted this.  What are some potential problems one should consider before attempting?

Thanks for any ideas.

Best,
    Paul

Last edited by ptstucky on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    deepee99

Re: Add balanced input to M-125?

Post by deepee99 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:55 pm

ptstucky wrote:Hi all,

Apologies up front if there is already a thread on this, but I did not find the answer after a cursory search of the board.

Has anyone tried adding a balanced XLR input (in place of or in addition to the unbalanced RCA ins) on the M-125 monoblocks?  

If space allows, I would be interested in adding some XLR jacks and a Jensen transformer, but would be interested to know if others have attempted this.  What are some potential problems should one consider before attempting?

Thanks for any ideas.

Best,
    Paul
    Hi, Paul, space would be a consideration, for one thing. I believe Bob L. did address this matter at some point. Might PM him.

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:32 am