The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

New Construction ST70

jonny6336

New Construction ST70

Post by jonny6336 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am

Goodmorning everyone
    First of all I introduce myself, my name is Giovanni and I live in Italy.
    I am a lover of the electronic valves. I have built many amplifiers, both SE, PP and OTL.
    Driven by curiosity and even peche I always read positive opinions, I wanted to make the Dynaco ST70.
    I preferred that my realization was all original so I bought the new PCB and on the net I found several accessories like: Inductance, clogs and screws.
    I made the power transformer here in Italy, In the photos you see of the TU that I had at home, then thanks to a friend I put the original TU Z-326
    I enclose all the photos of my realization.

jimzim429

Re: New Construction ST70

Post by jimzim429 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:00 am

jonny,

It appears to be a 1st class build. Nice work.  What speakers are you using to listen to the amplifier?  Does the amplifiers sound smooth or snappy?

jz
    jonny6336

Post by jonny6336 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for all,
    First of all I can say that the amp sounds very well and has a great linearity.
    It is expressed in the high frequencies with a lot of delicacy and does not come out of the lines and does not screech, very good the soft and controlled low coverage range
    In measures I have been very cruel and I can guarantee that the original TU showed no stuarzione.
    For the use I am still not entirely convinced whether to make a single-track with Fostex FE 103 that I own, or buy some Pylon speakers that I was able to listen to and I was impressed.
    Now I'm making a pré to devote that is the Kondo M77. The source yet to be decided.
    Here is the next job

crkohut

Post by crkohut on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:44 pm

Nice!! Gotta love "Trasformatore"!! The pre looks great also!

MV213

Post by MV213 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:46 pm

I like your power connector!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:20 am