The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+5
sKiZo
pedrocols
cci1492
bluemeanies
Bennyhaha812
9 posters

Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!!

Bennyhaha812
    Bennyhaha812

Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!! Empty Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!!

Post by Bennyhaha812 Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:40 pm

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank the man that enabled many of us to enjoy the warm glow and lovely sound of out tube amps!  Anyone considering taking the DIY kit jump can feel assured that this is the right way to go.  The parts will be packaged individually and clearly labeled.  Instructions are clear and step by step with included schematic as well as diagrams.  Lastly the customer service is SECOND TO NONE.  Hopefully anyone else reading this will add their own positive experiences with Mr. Latino who has always been responsive and attentive and freely given his opinion and knowledge (even if some of us might not have liked it at the time!) in an attempt to be helpful.  Truly a stand up guy!  
        I am in western MA. and had the pleasure of taking a ride down the Pike to pick up my kit well over a year ago at Bob's place.  We had some great conversation and down the road I went.  I built my amp and have been enjoying it ever since.  I did take photos of the build at the time and perhaps I will get those online at some point.  I did at one point have an issue related to a bad 6550 which I learned to mark in the future and not move it around!!  This tube burned out my bias resistors in two locations Bob was there to assist with just a phone call.  I was honest about what I had noted (questionable arcing in that tube and moving it around) and Bob guided me through my troubleshooting.  We narrowed the issue down and Bob sent me replacement resistors that arrived the next day as well as a link to the best deal I've found on Golden Lion kt88 tubes which by the way sound sublime!
        Thanks Bob!  Now if I could just convince you to design a single ended triode monoblock kit with DHT and interstage transformer coupling I'd be all SET!  Pun intended I guess?

Donspokane likes this post

bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!! Empty Re: Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!!

Post by bluemeanies Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:09 pm

DITTO...I think is a good idea to give a shout out to the man behind the product. I have emailed BL more than once, asking opinions on tubes and triode/pentode modes, and just some silly questions and Bob ALWAYS got back to me ASAP. Not once did Bob frown upon my questions enough to tell me I could find my answer on the forum.
    He responded with the appropriate answer.
    Thanks Bob for a great product and great customer service.

cci1492
    cci1492

Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!! Empty Re: Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!!

Post by cci1492 Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Yup, we're lucky to have Bob, never cranky and always there to help. My experience is the same as yours, he's very approachable, which makes it possible to build an amp correctly.

pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Yes. I do share your sentiment! I live in Western MA as well and also had the privilege to meet Mr. Bob and pick up my amps at his home.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Bob who?

clown

Let's not forget Roy ...

(no ... the OTHER Roy!)

MV213

Post by MV213 Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Totally agree, I researched the heck out of amp kits before I purchased the ST-120...Bob was super responsive and helpful. And the product is awesome!
    jimmeq
    jimmeq

Thanks to Bob Latino for his great products and support!!! Empty Agreed!

Post by jimmeq Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Bob's VTA ST-120 fulfilled two dreams! 0. Owning a tube amplifier 1. Building from a kit.  I'm old enough to remember seeing the Dynakits for sale, and had always wanted to try building one. Well, with the advent of throw-away everything, Dynaco went OOB and thankfully Bob reignited the flame, so to speak!

jfine
    jfine

Post by jfine Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Just stopping by to say Bob is definitely an asset to guys like us, you can actually talk to him and he gives you no BS advice, great guy. Can you call McIntosh and get a straight answer? Eventually you get to the techs in back (no names) but they are so stand-offish and besides that kind of gear you can't normally troubleshoot yourself unless it's a tube. And it doesn't sound as good either!!! Very Happy
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Yup what jfine said. Last week I purchased a couple of rectifier tubes (GZ33) from a guy you all know. He called me up all pissed off saying Bob's amps eat up rectifier tubes and he's not giving me a warranty on said tubes. OK whatever, he could have just said that in an email and I wouldn't have felt like an idiot of some kind. They work great by the way, and if they die tomorrow, I wouldn't give a crap, so there! Kevin is becoming a cranky old man!
    CletusB
    CletusB

Post by CletusB Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:02 pm

Almost bought my KT-88s from him   .....so glad I was pointed in Jim's direction instead!.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

bluemeanies wrote:DITTO...I think is a good idea to give a shout out to the man behind the product. I have emailed BL more than once, asking opinions on tubes and triode/pentode modes, and just some silly questions and Bob ALWAYS got back to me ASAP. Not once did Bob frown upon my questions enough to tell me I could find my answer on the forum.
    He responded with the appropriate answer.
    Thanks Bob for a great product and great customer service.

DITTO as well--always informative and a pleasure to deal with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am