The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Latest Addition: Don Sachs - DS2.

aguaazul

Latest Addition: Don Sachs - DS2.

Post by aguaazul on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm

After a couple of months of breaking in our pre-built Bob Latino ST-120, I started looking for a new pre-amp.

Well we went for the DS2. It's really nice.

Here are some details:

Cherry case with remote Khozmo attenuator, 1 input XLR’s, all runs Dueland.

.47uF Multicap RTX caps bypassed with a tiny Russian Teflon cap, 2nd outputs: AudioCap Theta 2uF bypassed by the same little Russian Teflon caps.
    Tubes are a pair of Shuguang Black Treasure CV181z (buffer) & Psvane CV181-TII (gain).

I did get fancy 12 Gauge Cryo Treated Power Cord. We chose no tape loop or home theater pass-through.

To get started, we’re plugged in to the Multicap RTX caps into the  ST-120 though some Dynaco A-25 speakers.

We tried the Shuguang Black Treasure CV181z in the gain location but we have a microphonic tube.
    Don is sending out a replacement set. We also purchased a set of the stock tubes he sends out, Russian 6H8C.
    We'll have 2 sets of Shuguang Black Treasure CV181z(s) to play around with, & 1 set each of the Psvane CV181-TII & 6H8C(s).

I was not aware that the Khozmo remote has ‘Don Sachs Audio’ scribed on it, classy.

Anyway, dealing with Don has been great. You need to wear your patience pants as these DS2's are pretty popular and the wait time is not getting shorter, but well worth it!

Cheers,

Aguaazul

aguaazul

No Pictures - Let's try again

Post by aguaazul on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 pm

We have a DacMagic Plus > XLR to the DS2. We use an OPPO DVD player as a CD Transport & JRiver on a laptop.                                
    4’ Blue Jean’s cable XLR & Coaxial Digital cables connecting them up.

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:17 am