The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board

Sal
    Sal

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board Empty Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board

Post by Sal Fri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi all,
    I just received a ST-70 to restore that has a Sutherland Engineering solid state board instead of the usual PCB with 7199's. I will be installing a used original board my customer supplied, after recap of course. The SS board is dated 1988, Any opinions on this?

Regards,
    Sal

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board Ssst70
    dynacophil
    dynacophil

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board Empty Re: Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board

Post by dynacophil Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:06 pm

a rare beast... I have one too Smile
    but my one is with the optional Bias-Adjust-LEDs Smile

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board No005002a.th Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board No005001.th

j4570

Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board Empty Re: Dynaco ST-70 using Sutherland Engineering solid state circuit board

Post by j4570 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 pm

That's interesting.

Looks like the board is missing a transistor compared to DynacoPhil's.

How does it sound?
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:09 am

I never tried the ST-70 with the SS board especially with the transistor missing. I still have that board in a junk pile. Might play with it one decade.

Sal
    dynacophil
    dynacophil

Post by dynacophil Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 am

sound is fine for me, but not my favourite st-70.
    My is in need because the builder was a solder magician and did a "good" job making solder mountains Suspect instead of joints. He molested the chassis trying to drill out the rivets and additional useless holes... Crying or Very sad it'll get a new chassis or a good used some day. He also managed to destroy the bias board traces while soldering and I had to free-wire-repair his job. It was working when it arrived, but by mistake I guess.

I believe I ave some reedited datasheets somewhere about which I received with the amp...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11055436/Dynaco/Sutherland/Sutherland-Mod_ST-70_pfade_optimiert.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm