The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Speaker posts

musicgeorge11

Speaker posts Empty Speaker posts

Post by musicgeorge11 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi people,
    I'm installing a pair of Dynaco ST-70 NEW gold plated output binding posts. In the instructions it says to keep the connection of the 16ohm wire to each of the 2 eyelets and tape over the connection so that it will not short the chassis. It got me thinking that maybe what they want to say is to keep the connection of the 16ohm wire to the PC BOARD (I have the VTA option) and tape over the end of the wire that was placed in the speaker posts, together with the original 16ohm yellow wire. Am i right in assuming this? Or I'm getting things more confused. Thanks guys!!!

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Speaker posts Empty Re: Speaker posts

Post by Bob Latino Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:16 am

musicgeorge11 wrote:Hi people,
    I'm installing a pair of Dynaco ST-70 NEW gold plated output binding posts. In the instructions it says to keep the connection of the 16ohm wire to each of the 2 eyelets and tape over the connection so that it will not short the chassis. It got me thinking that maybe what they want to say is to keep the connection of the 16ohm wire to the PC BOARD (I have the VTA option) and tape over the end of the wire that was placed in the speaker posts, together with the original 16ohm yellow wire. Am i right in assuming this? Or I'm getting things more confused. Thanks guys!!!

The instructions you were given were for a STOCK Dynaco ST-70. You are upgrading the older two post binding posts on a VTA ST-70. On all the VTA amps the YELLOW wire goes to the NFB eyelet on the driver board.

Bob
    musicgeorge11

Post by musicgeorge11 Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks Bob! I will continue with the installation. Best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 am