Now I'm a bit nostalgic and decided I wanted to fit one into my system. Doing a search and wow. These guys are expensive! Looks like free was out of the question, but I found one without tubes for $330 and I actually have a matched set of EL34's for a different amp anyway.
So after research, I realize there are some first things first, such as replacing the selenium rectifier and upgrading the cap. I ordered the bias kit and a quad cap from Dynakitparts and will check the transformers. Then I plan on striping everything off the chassis and cleaning it up and repainting the transformers. I am optimistic based on the other posts I have seen.
This is not going to be a VTA70 build. I would like to build one of the VTA120 or M-125 sets after this though. I will just use one of the ebay 6GH8A boards to keep it as stock as possible.
I would like to get a recommendation of what chassis resisters to use if I replace them and where is a good place to buy them. I am also on the fence about weather it is necessary to use new tube sockets or retension and re-use the existing ones.
With out further adieu. Her is what I am starting with.
The amp with cover:
Look at those original Dynaco caps!
My first shipment from Dynakitparts