The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Compatibility of Dynaco PAS with VTA ST70, Subwoofers, and other power amps -- INPUT IMPEDANCE discussion

PeterCapo
    PeterCapo

Compatibility of Dynaco PAS with VTA ST70, Subwoofers, and other power amps -- INPUT IMPEDANCE discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Compatibility of Dynaco PAS with VTA ST70, Subwoofers, and other power amps -- INPUT IMPEDANCE discussion

Post by PeterCapo on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 am

In Post n°61 I recommended a fuse holder, Radio Shack Catalog #: 2700219, also available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/1st-Source-In-line-Fuse-Holder/dp/B0002KR8EE and also available as Parts Express Part # 070-609.

I'd like to recommend that the solder connections where the wires attach inside the holder be checked and resoldered if needed. Then, add a layer of heat shrink to the wire and soldered connection.  Examine also, as time goes by, the body of the fuse holder to make sure it remains intact and continues to securely close.

I haven't really had problems with mine but wanted to issue the caution just the same, after some had expressed concern in another forum that this kind of fuse holder falls apart, melts, is generally of poor quality, etc.  I don't wish to deny anyone their experience, but I have not observed any such problems with the one I installed into my PAS. The only thing I felt I wanted to do was to resolder the connections inside the holder.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:28 am