The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Tone Bypass on PAS-3 vs PAS-3

drewrf

Tone Bypass on PAS-3 vs PAS-3 Empty Tone Bypass on PAS-3 vs PAS-3

Post by drewrf Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:03 pm

I recently acquired a Dynaco PAS-3 and am going through the process of restoring it along with a few modifications to improve the sound while staying true to the intent of the design. I am trying to bypass the tone controls and found a great thread on this forum about how to do it on a PAS-3x. Is there any reason that the same modifications wouldn't work on the 3? I know the pots are different, I don't have a 3x to compare to see if the boards are.
    peterh
    peterh

Tone Bypass on PAS-3 vs PAS-3 Empty Re: Tone Bypass on PAS-3 vs PAS-3

Post by peterh Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:38 pm

drewrf wrote:I recently acquired a Dynaco PAS-3 and am going through the process of restoring it along with a few modifications to improve the sound while staying true to the intent of the design. I am trying to bypass the tone controls and found a great thread on this forum about how to do it on a PAS-3x. Is there any reason that the same modifications wouldn't work on the 3? I know the pots are different, I don't have a 3x to compare to see if the boards are.
    The boards are identical.
    How about using it for a while before changing ? Then you could actually compare the
    results.
    And what are your goal with the proposed changes ? What do you need that a stock PAS
    cannot deliver ?
    rjpjnk

Post by rjpjnk Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Can you send a link to the article you found? I’d prefer to read it before commenting. The 3x is already bypassed when the controls are centered.

Most of what you need to know can be found here:
    http://www.audioregenesis.com/documents/PAS%20Tone%20Control%20Bypass.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm