A VTA 120.
It tested out good, I put in the tubes, turned it on, and Oh my God, the absolute beauty!
It was beyond words, and only got better as things warmed up.
I could have cried.
I took it to the shop this morning (after giving it a six hour test drive yesterday) for a final cleaning.
I made a change or two as well.
The slide switch for power doesn't cut it for me, it's not definitive enough, so I installed a toggle.
I also like having a pilot light, so I found one that was right between red and orange (more orange really) and not too bright.
I installed that on the front.
I cleaned up the amp, zip tied it all nicely, took a few pics, closed it up, and carried it into the house.
I wired up the speakers, plugged it in, flipped on the switch, and 17 seconds later.....ZAP, crackle, Smoke!
It was right then, I could have really cried.
My wife was standing right next to me, and she could have cried too.
I was now just a few milliwatts from tossing almost 3 years of sobriety in the toilet.
Luckily, Mr Bob is a great guy, we discussed what happened, and I should have what I need to get back up and running in a few days. YAY!
Fortunately, I don't think the damage is severe.
For the fun of it (if there is any) I'm posting a pic of my build. (First pic)
I might not have wired it exactly as the pictures, and took a little of my own creative license, but the challenge is to look closely at the (pardon the pun) blown up photo, and see if you can spot where the problem occured right before it happened.
A virtual 200 bill goes to anyone who spots it in the first pic
A virtual 100 bill goes to the one who spots it in the second pic.
I'll post the carnage after someone spots it.