The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

LeGrace
    LeGrace

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Empty Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

Post by LeGrace on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 pm

These are big tubes, are they like power tubes where 3000 hours is a reasonable assumption?
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Empty Re: Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

Post by sKiZo on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm

I don't count hours here, but I can say I got several years of hard rockin' on the current one. That's also driving a quad of KT120's most of that time. Also picked up on a spare while I had the chance before the price bloomed a bit back.

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Tube-set-APR18
    bbqjoe
    bbqjoe

Post by bbqjoe on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 pm

sKiZo wrote:I don't count hours here, but I can say I got several years of hard rockin' on the current one. That's also driving a quad of KT120's most of that time. Also picked up on a spare while I had the chance before the price bloomed a bit back.

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Tube-set-APR18

I'm still highly impressed with your work on this amplifier!
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 pm

More importantly ... so am I !! ;-}

I've also got a Mullard GZ34 here that racked up quite a few miles before I scored the GZ37. At the same time, I ended up smoking a couple Chinese tubes fairly quickly. Lot depends on how well built (or overbuilt?) the tube is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 am