The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

LeGrace
    LeGrace

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Empty Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

Post by LeGrace on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 pm

These are big tubes, are they like power tubes where 3000 hours is a reasonable assumption?
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Empty Re: Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime?

Post by sKiZo on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm

I don't count hours here, but I can say I got several years of hard rockin' on the current one. That's also driving a quad of KT120's most of that time. Also picked up on a spare while I had the chance before the price bloomed a bit back.

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Tube-set-APR18
    bbqjoe
    bbqjoe

Post by bbqjoe on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 pm

sKiZo wrote:I don't count hours here, but I can say I got several years of hard rockin' on the current one. That's also driving a quad of KT120's most of that time. Also picked up on a spare while I had the chance before the price bloomed a bit back.

Average Predictied GZ37 Lifetime? Tube-set-APR18

I'm still highly impressed with your work on this amplifier!
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 pm

More importantly ... so am I !! ;-}

I've also got a Mullard GZ34 here that racked up quite a few miles before I scored the GZ37. At the same time, I ended up smoking a couple Chinese tubes fairly quickly. Lot depends on how well built (or overbuilt?) the tube is.
    Drummerboy2

Post by Drummerboy2 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:44 pm

sKiZo wrote:More importantly ... so am I !!    ;-}

I've also got a Mullard GZ34 here that racked up quite a few miles before I scored the GZ37. At the same time, I ended up smoking a couple Chinese tubes fairly quickly. Lot depends on how well built (or overbuilt?) the tube is.

My Mullard GZ37 is still going strong, about a year of playing hours on it now after not using the VTA-120 for a while. I checked the bias the other day and the bias is still at .50Vdc just like I set it back when I first installed the GZ37. I wanted to say Thank You again SkiZo for that recommendation.
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C on Wed May 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Drummerboy2 wrote:
    sKiZo wrote:More importantly ... so am I !!    ;-}

My Mullard GZ37 is still going strong, about a year of playing hours on it now after not using the VTA-120 for a while. I checked the bias the other day and the bias is still at .50Vdc just like I set it back when I first installed the GZ37. I wanted to say Thank You again SkiZo for that recommendation.

My GZ37s have been in my M125s for 4 years and they are played a lot. you get what you pay for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 am