The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer

Antonn

infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer Empty infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer

Post by Antonn on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:02 am

It appears I might have the Dynaco PA060 transformer knockoff from Dave Lucas of Lucas Electronics. I had this bought years ago and don't recall the wire cross reference to a stock PA060.
    Would anyone happen to have the cross reference for the wires to stock wires for this transformer and are all the wires used??

Thank you
    Tony
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer Empty Re: infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer

Post by Peter W. on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:15 am

Antonn wrote:It appears I might have the Dynaco PA060 transformer knockoff from Dave Lucas  of Lucas Electronics. I had this bought years ago and don't recall the wire cross reference to a stock PA060.
    Would anyone happen to have the cross reference for the wires to stock wires for this transformer and are all the wires used??

Thank you
    Tony

https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Dynaco/Dynaco-ST70-Schematic-Assembly-Manual.pdf

Follow the schematic and ohm it out. That will give you a start. With some experience, that should be all you need to do. But, if you want absolute certainty:

Apply AC power - preferably through a metered Variac - to the primary, and you should get (proportionate) voltages at the secondary so as to determine which windings are which. Given the proportions, you should be able to get a pretty good idea without applying lethal voltages:

24 VAC on the primary should give you 1VAC on the 5V tap, 1.26V on the two filament taps, 11V on the bias tap, and 71V on the B+ tap (which is center-tapped as well).
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts
    Admin

infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer Empty Hand Wound PA-060

Post by DynakitParts on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

Tony,
    I have the wiring schematic your searching for....Email me at: dynakitparts@aol.com

Kevin

Sponsored content

infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer Empty Re: infamous Dave Lucas " hand wound" PA060 transformer

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 am