I played it about 6 hours, then took it back into the shop to clean it up, zip tie the wiring, and close it up.
I didn't notice it, but I broke a wire when tying.
When I turned the amp on in the house, there was a large flash and snap from inside, a nice sizzle, and the magic smoke.
The sound coming from the speakers made it even more exciting.
A new switch, a new resistor and some wiring fixed it right up.
Now every time I turn it on, my mind races back to the snap, crackle pop!
Recently, I was sitting at my desk listening to tunes, when I heard a pop, and the music got a bit louder.
I went to the amp, and two power tubes were busy red plating.
I shut it down immediately.
Apparently, 1 tube gave up the ghost, roasted the other, and took out a resistor with it.
I ordered 2 new tubes, and replaced the resistor.
I got it all back together, and plugged it in.
Just as I was flipping the on switch, my wife was right behind me, and gave a fly hellacious swat.
I will never be the same.