The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Test Bench Suggestions

scsidude2

Test Bench Suggestions

Post by scsidude2 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:28 am

So, i'm ready to start building up my audio test bench from my lonely multimeter to an oscilloscope and a function generator. It's been a few years since i've used an o-scope in my Comp. Elec. Repair classes but after some reading much of it's coming back to me. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had recommendations based on what they use? My price range is about $400 max for the o-scope and $200 for the generator. Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks! -Ryan

P.S.-If anyone has any other suggestions for kit please bring it up!

PeterCapo

Re: Test Bench Suggestions

Post by PeterCapo on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 pm

I've wanted one of these for a while but have yet to get around to ordering one:

http://www.tequipment.net/OWONEDU5022.html

Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi,

On the advice of someone who knows more about oscilloscopes than I do, I bought a used Sencore SC61 scope. It works very well with no issues. I got mine locally although I see used ones for sale or auction on Ebay for $200 - $400. I paid $300 for mine but it looked like new and came with all the probes, the original box and original manual etc.

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:26 pm

Current date/time is Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:26 pm