The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

new to me 2 pat-5's

natoe

new to me 2 pat-5's

Post by natoe on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:18 pm

I just got 2 pat-5's yesterday. One is all ready together and is factory but how ever did it at the factory it must have been there first day. The second one is a kit still in the boxes and I was wondering if anyone knew how much this would be worth.I was going to put it together and wanted to hold off till i found some more info out on this item.

thanks pete

Bob Latino
    Admin

Re: new to me 2 pat-5's

Post by Bob Latino on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:10 pm

natoe wrote:I just got 2 pat-5's yesterday. One is all ready together and is factory but how ever did it at the factory it must have been there first day. The second one is a kit still in the boxes and I was wondering if anyone knew how much this would be worth.I was going to put it together and wanted to hold off till i found some more info out on this item.

thanks pete

Hi Pete,

The PAT-5 preamp still in kit form that you have will be worth more than factory wired unit. Unwired Dynaco kits found today are very rare and because it is rare I would auction it off on Ebay. You could get $200 - $400 for an unwired PAT-5. A wired PAT-5 is worth maybe $90 - $150 or so if it is in good working condition without major scratches or any other physical damage. Another thing ... This time of the year (summer) Ebay prices on Dynaco audio gear are usually somewhat lower. The best time to sell any Dynaco product is immediately after the first of the year (winter). In northern climates people are indoors more because of the cold weather and are sometimes looking for a winter project to keep them busy. Another Ebay trick > have the auction end on a Sunday night .. More people are watching the auctions at that time and there will be more competetive bidding on your item.

Bob

Current date/time is Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:18 pm