The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
Bob Latino
stewdan
6 posters

Question for Bob

stewdan

Question for Bob Empty Question for Bob

Post by stewdan Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Bob --- do you recall anything about a Posting for Fabric Covers for VTA Amplifiers like the M-125?? If I remember correctly, the posting was probably 6 or 7 years (or more) ago and the covers came in various sizes. I tried different searches, but could not find what I was looking for.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Question for Bob Empty Re: Question for Bob

Post by Bob Latino Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:32 pm

stewdan wrote:Bob --- do you recall anything about a Posting for Fabric Covers for VTA Amplifiers like the M-125??  If I remember correctly, the posting was probably 6 or 7 years (or more) ago and the covers came in various sizes.  I tried different searches, but could not find what I was looking for.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I honestly don't remember ? The M-125 amps are 10 inches by 12 inches. Does anyone know of a fabric cover that would fit over something this size ? I do remember someone telling me once that a 4 slice toaster cover would fit over each M-125 to keep the dust off the amps when they are not being used.

Bob
    Ernstmach
    Ernstmach

Post by Ernstmach Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Take a look at https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/
    They made some for my MKIII's, Preamp, turntable and Reel to Reel machine. Excellent work and reasonable prices.
    Select material, size and you receive some nice covers. Unfortunately they couldn't get the Leopard pattern I asked for!
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:09 am

I purchased a cover for my pre-amp from this seller in Bulgaria. The transaction went perfect, they are a good seller and the cover is nice. Give them the size you need, they will make it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162769388064

$72.96 with tax and shipping for 2 amps.
    HarryY
    HarryY

Post by HarryY Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:53 am

cci1492 wrote:I purchased a cover for my pre-amp from this seller in Bulgaria. The transaction went perfect, they are a good seller and the cover is nice. Give them the size you need, they will make it.

That's a good deal. My wife is a quilter and she's made me few covers for some
    radios and amplifiers and it's more work than most would think to make them.
    Plus decent quality fabric tend to cost a bit more.

10-E-C
    10-E-C

Post by 10-E-C Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:32 am

HarryY wrote:
    cci1492 wrote:I purchased a cover for my pre-amp from this seller in Bulgaria. The transaction went perfect, they are a good seller and the cover is nice. Give them the size you need, they will make it.

That's a good deal. My wife is a quilter and she's made me few covers for some
    radios and amplifiers and it's more work than most would think to make them.
    Plus decent quality fabric tend to cost a bit more.

I needed a cover for my VPI Scout TT and not willing to pay for clear plastic cover I got the idea of making one. I took the top of a cardboard box with the dimensions to cover the turn table. I then turned it over to my wife who lined the inside with black velvet material and the outside with a musical theme material, I put two handles on top for ease of removing and replacing of our creation. She also put a piping around the edge for a more classy look. Less than 8 bucks for the project.

TM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am