The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

a output transformer quandry

4MarkNY
    4MarkNY

a output transformer quandry Empty a output transformer quandry

Post by 4MarkNY Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:05 pm

I'm doing a second VTA-70 build that I've had in the works for some time. Last year I had a bad output tranny in my working ST-70, so I used one from that old equipment an put that amp back in the line up. Now... the question is, when building this new rebuild should i order a single new A-470? Will they have different characteristics after all these years, or should i expect that I can Mix in a modern one from dynakit parts. and have it work with the old, as long as that old one is in spec?

Second part. I had the old chassis chromed ( a buddy owns a plating shop.) Anyone know where I could get the chassis screen-printed ?

Thanks for you opinions. Im obviously not an EE!

Mark

a output transformer quandry Empty Re: a output transformer quandry

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:03 am

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 am

4MarkNY wrote:I'm doing a second VTA-70 build that I've had in the works for some time. Last year I had a bad output tranny in my working ST-70, so I used one from that old equipment an put that amp back in the line up. Now... the question is, when building this new rebuild should i order a single new A-470? Will they have different characteristics after all these years, or should i expect that I can Mix in a modern one from dynakit parts. and have it work with the old, as long as that old one is in spec?

Second part. I had the old chassis chromed ( a buddy owns a plating shop.) Anyone know where I could get the chassis screen-printed ?

Thanks for you opinions. Im obviously not an EE!

Mark
    You never know .. If you dont change both you might forever seek and possibly find diffrences.
    The easy solution is to change both and sell the old on ebay, thus recovering most of the money
    for the second a470.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am