The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

B+ current

tubesman

B+ current Empty B+ current

Post by tubesman Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:23 pm

I am rebuilding a st-70 and I'd like to know what is the current pulled on the B+ rail? Using EL34 tubes biased normally.confused  At what voltage, using a stock PA-060 transformer? Thanks in advance for the help. Smile
    peterh
    peterh

B+ current Empty Re: B+ current

Post by peterh Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:37 pm

tubesman wrote:I am rebuilding a st-70 and I'd like to know what is the current pulled on the B+ rail? Using EL34 tubes biased normally.:confused:  At what voltage, using a stock PA-060 transformer? Thanks in advance for the help. :)
    Using dynaco's own documentation; page 6 mentions that bias is adjusted to
    100mA per pair, that's 200mA, then a guess that each 7199 will eat 10mA , in total 220 mA

tubesman

Post by tubesman Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 am

Using dynaco's own documentation; page 6 mentions that bias is adjusted to
    100mA per pair, that's 200mA, then a guess that each 7199 will eat 10mA , in total 220 mA

[/quote]
    That sounds like the current that the tubes are biased at. I'd like to know the full power current drain at rated output. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.  I am using PSDII. I made measurements on the transformer to estimate, as closely as possible, the PS output voltage at full load. I need to squeeze as much voltage as possible out of the PS to handle my driver stage, not a 7199. BTW, thank you for your reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm