The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Dynaco Mk 3 454216 output transformers manufactured without ultralinear taps?

mattattnet

Dynaco Mk 3 454216 output transformers manufactured without ultralinear taps? Empty Dynaco Mk 3 454216 output transformers manufactured without ultralinear taps?

Post by mattattnet Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:41 pm

I am trying to rehab a pair of Mk 3 monoblocks for a friend and when I started working with them, noted that there are no ultralinear taps.

At first I thought maybe they were just cut short within the end bells, but I do not think so.

These are, according to the end bell stamping, 1974 vintage 454216 output transformers.

I removed the end bells, but see no vestige of UL taps.

I do not note any evidence of ultralinear taps under the paper and mylar tape, there appear to be only 3 taps on the primaries.

Would these be originally manufactured this way or were they a special order item?

I guess I will consider changing these to triode strapped 6550s, or I will need to rework the power supply a bit, as there was no dropping resistors to the screen connections, pin 4 on the output tube sockets.

Any info would be appreciated,

Regards,
    Matt

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am