The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Nordost Systems Solution

Brap
    Brap

Nordost Systems Solution Empty Nordost Systems Solution

Post by Brap Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Purchased this 2 disc CD. Very good information on system set-up and speaker placement, performance. Will start "tuning" this week. Excellent recordings and a good tool to see how low your speakers / room really is.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Nordost Systems Solution Empty Re: Nordost Systems Solution

Post by deepee99 Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Brap wrote:Purchased this 2 disc CD.  Very good information on system set-up and speaker placement, performance.  Will start "tuning" this week. Excellent recordings and a good tool to see how low your speakers / room really is.
    Any clues as  to name/use/price? Enquiring minds need to know.
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Nordost Systems Solution. 2 CD disc set. Includes a variety of tests / tones to optimize speaker placement, understand soundstage and performance of speakers and room. 2nd CD has test tones in increments on 1Hz from 20 to 120 allowing the user to understand "how low you go". Various musical tracks to fine tune placement. I'm about 80% there after about 2 hours of listening and moving things around / experimenting. Very insightful and enjoyable. <1" really does make a difference I have found. If you are a critical listener, this is a great tool to have.
    Music Direct has it for $39.99
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:29 pm

From their site:

Essential channel and phase checks.
    • Multiple pink and white noise signals for speaker/room diagnostics.
    • Sophisticated LEDR tests to optimize speaker placement.
    • System maintenance tracks (De-Gauss and Burn-In)
    • Low-frequency tones specially designed and configured to map room modes and aid speaker placement or subwoofer positioning and integration.
    • Specially selected music tracks with detailed listening notes to further refine system performance.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Brap wrote:Nordost Systems Solution. 2 CD disc set.  Includes a variety of tests / tones to optimize speaker placement, understand soundstage and performance of speakers and room. 2nd CD has test tones in increments on 1Hz from 20 to 120 allowing the user to understand "how low you go". Various musical tracks to fine tune placement. I'm about 80% there after about 2 hours of listening and moving things around / experimenting.  Very insightful and enjoyable.  <1" really does make a difference I have found. If you are a critical listener, this is a great tool to have.
    Music Direct has it for $39.99
    Thanks. I cringed when I saw "Nordost" in your post. But $30 ain't bad.
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:18 am

Same here -- when I saw it at the local hi-fi shop next to some ridiculous priced cables, I wondered how that was going to hit the wallet. For the price, as you say, not bad. A few music tracks are really nice and the explanation in the booklet about what you should be listening for on these is quite interesting. Now I get to amuse friends listening to my rig and help them understand what to listen for with their own and make some placement changes / room alterations.
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am

Forgot to add, wife came downstairs and asked "what's with all the Sharpie markings on the concrete floor"?!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm