The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Teflon Wire Stripper

Mark Korda

Teflon Wire Stripper Empty Teflon Wire Stripper

Post by Mark Korda Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi, I'm finally getting to a PAS and Mark 3 rebuilds. I have some recommended Teflon coated wire.Watching D-Labs videos it looks like I need to get a new kind of heated wire stripper.Before I start the projects should I invest in one of those strippers or is there another avenue?Thanks for any info and I haven't even tried stripping the new to me Teflon wire....sincerely Mark Korda
    corndog71
    corndog71

Teflon Wire Stripper Empty Re: Teflon Wire Stripper

Post by corndog71 Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:04 am

Mark Korda wrote:Hi, I'm finally getting to a PAS and Mark 3 rebuilds. I have some recommended Teflon coated wire.Watching D-Labs videos it looks like I need to get a new kind of heated wire stripper.Before I start the projects should I invest in one of those strippers or is there another avenue?Thanks for any info and I haven't even tried stripping the new to me Teflon wire....sincerely Mark Korda

You shouldn’t need a heated one. Any stripper should work. I’ve even used nail clippers.
    Mark Korda

Post by Mark Korda Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:20 am

Thanks Corndog, I needed a little push and that will get my projects in gear. I'll get to practicing tomorrow.....Mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am