The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

M-125 Build

Rec

M-125 Build  Empty M-125 Build

Post by Rec Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am

Hi. Thought I'd share my recent build of M-125 Monoblocks.

Chassis and bells powder coated. Custom cover from Parts Express and 3D printed spacer between chassis and driver board. I am looking into some machined/anodized aluminium for the side panels TBD.

The other shot is my ST-120 / PH-14 phono stage previously built. Eventually planning to put the Monoblocks in my great room. Haven't decided on the speakers yet. Anyone have experience/thoughts on Magnepan? It will be a hybrid system with the front L/R channel driven by the mono blocks.

Very grateful to Bob and Roy for what they do making such satisfying, high quality and great sounding products.

M-125 Build  Img_1412
    M-125 Build  Img_1413

Bob Latino likes this post

AmpedUp
    AmpedUp

M-125 Build  Empty Re: M-125 Build

Post by AmpedUp Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Hello Rec,

Thumbs up on your monoblocks. They look great and I really like the circuit board covers. Yours are unique from any others that I have seen, and I might have to steal your concept. With the caps on the top they will allow me to keep my auto-bias boards in place.

I am replying to just say that Magnepans will sound great with these amps. I heard them with mine but eventually went with the Martin Logan electrostats. Either will give you a clean sound with unbelievable clarity. Note: these speakers will be greatly improved with a sub woofer or two if you want the bass with rock music or the thump that everyone wants when watching a movie. Enjoy your music during this shelter in place era that we are living in.
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:59 pm

Nice!
    Rec

Post by Rec Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:59 am

Thank you. I am doIng some side panels in cherry. The aluminum will wait... doing it online is expensive as I wanted to slightly cover the gaps in the chassis by machining. Will explore some local options, that can wait....

In terms of the cover. The driver board components if you don’t lie them on their side will need room, I did not so I 3D printed a spacer with a gap for airflow.

I am happy to post the files for front panel express. Ready to build another pair... Smile

This puts the edge of the sockets just on the edge of being too low. I’m going to try a set of socket savers to lift them. Or maybe experiment with the spacer, I imagine airflow is important.

Rec

M-125 Build  Empty side panels added

Post by Rec Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:36 pm

M-125 Build  Img_1510

I tried cherry. I am no wood worker and they ended up looking like my kitchen Smile. I haven't found a source to machine aluminum as I have been laying low. I do have a 3D printer so I printed what I would done in metal. 2 part print. Covers the gap in the chassis.

The wood block just damps down a the faint transformer buzz.

Bob Latino and Rabindu like this post

LeGrace
    LeGrace

Post by LeGrace Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Wow, nicely done!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am