The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers Empty D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers

Post by Bob Latino Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Most Dynaco followers know that the push-pull output stage with negative feedback on tube amplifiers was developed by D. T. N. Williamson about 1947. Ed Laurent and David Hafler used the basic Williamson output circuit in the creation of the Dynaco Mark II in 1955. I ran across two of Williamson's original papers the other day. These were originally published in the British magazine "Wireless World". The 1952 article is in more depth.

D.T.N. Williamson 1949 article

D.T.N. Williamson 1952 article

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Blitzen
    Blitzen

D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers Empty Re: D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers

Post by Blitzen Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Very cool, Bob!
    baddog1946
    baddog1946

D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers Empty Re: D. T. N. Williamson - the father of modern push-pull tube amplifiers

Post by baddog1946 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Bob:
    I was wondering if you had any info on the Dynaco 160 tube amps and whether or not they were up to the original designs from Hafler.The in quality.
    Also what have you fond out about the performance of that beautiful transformer you had made to play around with the KT-120 amp project.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 am

baddog1946 wrote:Hi Bob:
    I was wondering if you had any info on the Dynaco 160 tube amps and whether or not they were up to the original designs from Hafler.The in quality.
    Also what have you fond out about the performance of that beautiful transformer you had made to play around with the KT-120 amp project.

My chassis company has delayed the production of two prototype chassis they are making for me. I am just small business to them and they will try to work it into their production cycle soon ..

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:16 am