The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all products and all products

My Dynaco Jukebox

My Dynaco Jukebox

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Well it has taken me most of the year but I have finally finished my jukebox. At the heart of it is a Bob Latino ST-70 amp. Running the amp is a heavily modified PAS-3. The PAS-3 was rebuilt with a Epperson line amp board, new tubes, transformer, cap board, etc. In between I have a SE-10 EQ so I can tailor the sound to my liking. Everything inside stays a decent temperature with large cooling fans. It only runs about 85 degrees inside with the fans.

The speakers are all new. I built enclosures inside the cabinet and ported them out the back. They are composed of Pioneer 12" woofers, Pyle midranges and phenolic tweeters all running through Dayton crossovers. All the speakers are rated at 91db SPL.

I built a small computer using and Atom processor. It runs Ejukebox by Audiosoft. Everything is controlled by the touchscreen monitor built into the top.

The cabinet started out as an old, RCA console from way back in 1961. It was a dark, chocolate brown color with green speaker grilles. Really ugly. I stripped it, rebuilt it for the equipment and refinished it.

There are a few little bugs left to work out with the software and a little touchup on the cabinet but for the most part it is complete and sounds awesome. I can crank it up without distortion. In fact, it gets so loud that I can't listen to it above half volume.

Here are some pics. Hope you enjoy them.

Re: My Dynaco Jukebox

Post by wharf-creek on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 pm

You have given new meaning to the word 'console stereo'! Your work is awesome.....and I certainly do appreciate the time and effort you've put into this project. In the 'auto' world, we'd call this a 'sleeper'! Good luck! TSD

Post by sushimaster on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:45 pm

WoW! Shocked

Post by jdm on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 am

Very nice.

Post by GP49 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Impressive. It even has the modern version of the common, ordinary record changer, and in the same "hole!"

Post by richtp on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 am

Wow that is very cool!

Post by bktheking on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 pm

That's awesome, must have cost a small fortune!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:44 pm

Current date/time is Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:44 pm