The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Confusion with the Dynaco MKIV boards from VTA

Confusion with the Dynaco MKIV boards from VTA Empty Confusion with the Dynaco MKIV boards from VTA

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 pm

I am in the process of rebuilding a pair of Dynaco MKIV's, and will be using the 12AT7 configuration from VTA. The parts list, and the VTA website, which shows the, Auricap upgrade, show the caps being used as .33uf. The schematic, and the actual board layout show a .22uf cap. Also there is a difference with the R15 resistor. Two show a 7.5K, and two show a 6.8K resistor. I realize these are not huge differences, but what should I believe. Thanks!
    JunkyJan
    JunkyJan

Confusion with the Dynaco MKIV boards from VTA Empty Re: Confusion with the Dynaco MKIV boards from VTA

Post by JunkyJan Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Michael

I have built the VTA boards for the Mark III (which is pretty similar IIRC) about 6 weeks or so ago. Think of the .33 caps as a "better" .22 cap - it makes absolutely no difference.

The different resistor values are probably a hi-gain version of the board.

-- JunkyJan

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm