The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Toroid transformer for a PAS3?

fromans4

Toroid transformer for a PAS3? Empty Toroid transformer for a PAS3?

Post by fromans4 Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Has anyone ever tried one of these? What, if any, improvement should I expect by replacing the stock transformer with this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280587510017&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If it makes any difference, I am using the PAS3Z kit.

Thanks in advance for any advise
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Toroid transformer for a PAS3? Empty Re: Toroid transformer for a PAS3?

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:51 pm

that transformer was developed about 2 years ago after about 4 months of consulting back and forth with a company in HongKong that I did while developing new product options for the PAS3. I received 2 samples before commiting to a minimum order of $2000. It worked for about 3 hours, then burned out. Never did buy anymore, and the price turned out to be higher than it's value. If anyone else has experience with this transformer from HongKong I'd love to hear about it, but it's still a little pricey compared to alternatives.
    I now sell a stacked pair of toroids ($50) for the PAS3-Z modification, (it's the solution only if you are working within the tiny confinds of a PAS3 or PAT4 chassis. Otherwise you are better off with something else.
    See this page for a variety of PAS3 options . . . . .
    www.tubes4hifi.com/PAS3-UG-PL.pdf
    fromans4

Post by fromans4 Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:08 pm

So, if I already have the power supply that came with the PAS3Z kit can I use the toroid transformers you show on this list with no other mod's?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm