The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
Sal
Luddite
howardnair
7 posters

ck this out NIB dynaco st-70

howardnair

ck this out NIB dynaco st-70 Empty ck this out NIB dynaco st-70

Post by howardnair Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320667709898&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

a NEW IN BOX original--dynaco ST-70 no its not mine--it is tempting
    Luddite
    Luddite

ck this out NIB dynaco st-70 Empty Re: ck this out NIB dynaco st-70

Post by Luddite Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 am

howardnair wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320667709898&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

a NEW IN BOX original--dynaco ST-70 no its not mine--it is tempting

Pretty cool! I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final bid winning price exceeded $1000.

Charlie
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 am

I'll be watching this one closely. The big selling point it still has the original NOS EL34's.

Sal
    GP49

Post by GP49 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:55 am

Sal wrote:The big selling point it still has the original NOS EL34's.

Not so:

"It is complete with all parts originally came in the package, except that none of the power tubes, EL34, are included."
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:06 am

I just reread the description. This seller sure made a confused statement.

"""It is complete with all parts originally came in the package, except that none of the power tubes, EL34, are included. Yes, all tubes are original DYNACO, including Mullard GZ34 in wrap."""

Why mention all the tubes are original Dynaco if he is not including the tubes...

Sal
    GP49

Post by GP49 Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

Sal wrote:I just reread the description. This seller sure made a confused statement.

"""It is complete with all parts originally came in the package, except that none of the power tubes, EL34, are included. Yes, all tubes are original DYNACO, including Mullard GZ34 in wrap."""

Why mention all the tubes are original Dynaco if he is not including the tubes...

Sal

"All tubes" apparently means "all three of them; two 7199 and one GZ34." Someone who is interested really should send a message to the seller and get a clarification.
    frank
    frank

Post by frank Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Unbuilt New-Old-Stock DYNACO ST-70 Tube Amp EL34- NOS
    Item condition: --
    Ended: Mar 13, 201119:36:04 PDT
    Winning bid:
    US $1,198.59 [ 20 bids ]

For the money, I'd rather have a pair of Mark IIIs.

MK3 KIT (ONE amp) without tubes $550 plus shipping.
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 pm

The odd thing about that ST-70... if someone assembles it, what do you think happen to its market value?
    1MOR

Post by 1MOR Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I bought a complete ST-70 kit with output tubes from Bob about a year ago. It cost a lot less than what the Ebay kit went for. Better iron and much better parts! lol!

howardnair

ck this out NIB dynaco st-70 Empty market value

Post by howardnair Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 pm

good question--i bought a pas3x new in the box no faceplate about a year ago-150.00 dollars-- i assembled it put the power supply board from someone in it-the curcio riaa fix and relcaps dynamicaps and jupiters-prp resisitors-and a fm3 zone faceplate-sold it for 850.00-buy it now-- i don't think i made any money if i did it was very little--but i was surprised when it sold almost immediately-i would have never thought it would sell-i bought a stereomour with the money--i have a pas2 brass faceplate that is done similar to the pas 3x --i prefer the brass face -so would the nib st-70 assembled lose value--good question--people get all happy about the damndest things myself included
    frank
    frank

Post by frank Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 pm

I have to believe the value would be less. The going rate for assembled units is much lower.

P.S. Good call Charlie!

Luddite wrote:

Pretty cool! I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final bid winning price exceeded $1000.

Charlie
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 pm

howardnair wrote:good question--i bought a pas3x new in the box no faceplate about a year ago-150.00 dollars-- i assembled it put the power supply board from someone in it-the curcio riaa fix and relcaps dynamicaps and jupiters-prp resisitors-and a fm3 zone faceplate-sold it for 850.00-buy it now-- i don't think i made any money if i did it was very little--but i was surprised when it sold almost immediately-i would have never thought it would sell-i bought a stereomour with the money--i have a pas2 brass faceplate that is done similar to the pas 3x --i prefer the brass face -so would the nib st-70 assembled lose value--good question--people get all happy about the damndest things myself included

I think your PAS-3X case is different as it sounds like you got yours for a bargain price to start with. $850 must be some sort of record though! Once the ST-70 is built all it will be is a super clean, used ST-70 with fingerprinted chassis, rosin residue and scorched transformer insulation (hope not!). Maybe the buyer intends to keep it in the box to resell in 30 years... or build it and keep it. Interesting situation in any case.
    ...j
    GP49

Post by GP49 Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 am

What we're dealing with here isn't exactly like an original Ford Cobra 427 vs. a reproduction!
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

My guess would be that this NOS ST-70 kit is probably worth more unassembled, as a "collectible". I would also suggest that if a person wanted a "new stock" version kit of the ST-70, then buy it from Dynakitparts.com. I bought a ST-35 from them a couple of years ago and am very happy with it, only making a few practical modifications when I built it. Of course, if you want the "high octane" version ST-70 (or ST-120!), then talk to Bob and/or Roy!

Best Regards,
    Charlie

P.S. You can also purchase all individual parts for the ST-70, ST-35, MK-III, and MK-IV amplifiers (including new cages) from Dynakitparts.com
    P.P.S. They are also planning to offer new chassis' and faceplates for the PAS preamplifiers in the near future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am