The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Powerful Bass

Mikeski

Powerful Bass

Post by Mikeski on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi All, I picked up the PAS3 PC-5 and 6 boards with higher quality parts from T4hifi a while back. I finally have the thing working (my fault) and I am finding that I am no longer short on bass. I'm not complaining.....much. When I got it it had already had the T4hifi cap board installed. I am running this into a Dynaco ST-70. I have the low upgrade coming in the mail as I type.

Thoughts on the BASS?????

mikeski.....

Mikeski

Re: Powerful Bass

Post by Mikeski on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 am

Well, I diddled with this bass issue over the weekend. I have determined it is just in the left channel. It appears that the tonal balance of the left channel is just off. It's like the high knob is turned down and the low knob is turned up. But the tone controls are not in the circuit anymore. I did a review of my component installation and all appears to be correct.

Thoughts on this tonal scew.

Mikeski

Mikeski

Post by Mikeski on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Ok, figured it out. I removed the tone controls a few months ago. When I built the new PC5 I neglected to jump to point 4. That's right there in the tone control area. Once that jumper was added the bass issue was no more. Joy....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:23 pm

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:23 pm