The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Se-10 Equalizer Question

Se-10 Equalizer Question Empty Se-10 Equalizer Question

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if the sliders on the SE-10 equalizer are linear or log taper?

Chris
    Luddite
    Luddite

Se-10 Equalizer Question Empty Re: Se-10 Equalizer Question

Post by Luddite Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 pm

ck81144 wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if the sliders on the SE-10 equalizer are linear or log taper?

Chris

Speculation: As far as I know, the sliders on the EQ filters are neither log nor linear. They would require special tapers related to their function. The sliders on the two gain controls may be log, but probably not in the usual sense, as the "unity gain" point is located in the center of their travel. I'm curious why you asked this question? If you are using the EQ-10 for the usual purpose of equalizing your system to the space (room) where it is located, then once adjusted the controls would normally remain fixed, making their taper a moot point. Please feel to correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Last edited by Luddite on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Actually, there are a couple in the eq that will not clean up very well and I was considering trying to find replacements. The eq works great with my jukebox with the exception of a couple sliders that are touchy and the ground buzz that I get which I think are old filter caps in the eq power supply.
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Ah. now that makes perfect sense! I think I would try to locate a "donor" unit if at all possible and I would indeed try replacing the power supply capacitors.

Charlie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm