The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Where to place Filament wires on VTA

bdblkta

Where to place Filament wires on VTA

Post by bdblkta on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 am

I have almost completed my VTA build on my ST70 but have come to a problem.

Problem is that I don’t know which wires go to where for the Filaments. Wires 4, 5, 15 and 16 from the original board are supposed to plug into the filament spots on the new board but does it matter which one goes where?

Thanks, Josh

Bob Latino
    Admin

Re: Where to place Filament wires on VTA

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Josh,

Check the photo below. The two 6.3 volt AC filament holes on each channel are shown with a white "^". On the latest version of the VTA driver board the two 6.3 volt AC connections for each channel are marked "FIL". On the older boards these two filament connector holes for each channel are UNMARKED. If you have Russian PIO caps then the front filament hole will be partially covered by the Russian cap. Just move the Russian cap up a little to make the connection.

Bob

bdblkta

Post by bdblkta on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 am

Thank you for the fast reply Bob.
    I think I need to clarify my question. I see the holes on the board marked FIL but wasnt sure if it matters which wire went where.
    Using the old board numbering it was the wires to 4, 5 ,15 and 16. Do 4 & 15 go to the front of the board with 15 & 16 going to the back or does it matter?

Thanks again for your help, Josh

Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:35 am

The wires are carrying AC current so it doesn't matter which wire goes into which hole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:13 pm

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:13 pm