The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Photos of the new Dynakit ST-70 I built

Sal

Photos of the new Dynakit ST-70 I built

Post by Sal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 am

A new customer of mine wanted the sound of an original ST-70 but didn't want to buy a used ST-70 of unknown origins so he purchased a Dynakit ST-70 kit from Kevin at Dynakitparts.com and had it shipped to me to build.

I must say they way Kevin packed the components in individual bags with labels and supporting documentation, it makes it real easy for a novice to build the amp even if he has no concept of electronics but can follow directions.

Here are 4 photos of the ST-70. I tested the amp with the 6GH8-7199 adapters as you can see in the picture but my customer brought his own tubes including 2 NOS Dynaco 7199 tubes that I installed when he picked up the amp.

You can see I installed the BBCU-1 Bias Balanced upgrade also. The printed circuit board is the original color Dynaco used back then, I installed Orange Drops capacitors as the customer requested it from me although the coupling capacitors that came with the kit are of high quality.

Regards,
    Sal

mantha3

Re: Photos of the new Dynakit ST-70 I built

Post by mantha3 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Sal,

Solid build and I appreciate you taking the time to post the photos. I'd love to hear the more original (non VTA) amp just to hear it.

Question - Where did you get the speaker terminals you have on that? I have a single Red and Black and I'd have to de-solder / solder the wire if I made a switch from the 8 ohm speakers I'm running now...

Thanks man
    Andy

Sal

Post by Sal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks Andy,
    To my knowledge, Dynakitparts.com is the only company that sells the 4 terminal Banana speaker terminals.

Regards,
    Sal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:23 am

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:23 am