The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

PAS2 Modification

maninmac771

PAS2 Modification Empty PAS2 Modification

Post by maninmac771 Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am

Hi all. I'm thinking of bypassing the Blend, Balance, Tone Control & Loudness of my Dynaco PAS2. I've come across two illustration diagrams (as shown below) showing how to go about this modification. As far as bypassing the loudness is concerned, they show two different ways: one is to disconnect all wires connected to the loudness switch and removed the two 0.1uF caps, while the other is to keep the wire connections and also the caps, but to connect two jumpers. Can anyone tell me which of the two ways is preferred? Thanks.

GP49

PAS2 Modification Empty Re: PAS2 Modification

Post by GP49 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Disconnect everything from the loudness tap of the volume control. That's all you need to do.
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 am

yes, your 2nd diagram bypasses the blend and balance controls, and making the disconnect from the loudness tap of the volume control disables that function, so just cut those out and you're done

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm