The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

pas 3 / pas 3x how to ID

pscottlowe

pas 3 / pas 3x how to ID

Post by pscottlowe on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:56 pm

how do i tell if i have a pas 3 or a pas 3x ?

BrianLW

Re: pas 3 / pas 3x how to ID

Post by BrianLW on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

The 3x has a treble control with a gap (no connection to wiper) at the center (flat) position. I believe you could measure the resistance between the the 2 end lugs of a treble control and if you get around 400k it's a 3 and if it measures open you have a 3x (or a faulty pot). I no longer have a Dyna Pas3x to test, so I'm sorry I can't try this out for you. If I'm way off the mark, I'm sure someone will come alone and correct me!

Sal

Post by Sal on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Check the rotation of the bass and treble controls vs. the volume control, if the amount of rotation is the same, you have a PAS-3, if the treble and bass controls rotation is less, you have a PAS-3x. For example, if the rotation of the volume control is 300 degrees and the rotation of the tone controls is approx 240 degrees, you have a PAS-3X. There are also 1uf capacitors going from the tone controls to the printed circuit boards on a PAS-3X.

Regards,
    Sal

pscottlowe

pas 3 and ST-120 compatable ?

Post by pscottlowe on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi I want to upgrade from my ST-70 to a VTA ST-120. I have a pas 3 [not pas 3 x ] and i want to make sure that the output of my pre amp will drive the VTA ST-120 without bass rolloff? I use a pair of Klipsch LaScalla and want more power.and I want to confirm that they will work together well. Thank you guys for all your help.Scott

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:03 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:03 pm