The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

farewell to Steve

Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

farewell to Steve  Empty farewell to Steve

Post by Roy Mottram Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:39 pm

this is really sad news . . . .
    Steve Jobs dies

of course it's not tube or Dynaco related, but Steve was truly an icon of the past 30 years.
    Here are some super comments that were found related to the announcement . . . .

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."
    - from Mr. Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

'Back in the late 70's while going to college under the GI bill, I supplemented my income by working private security part time. My security company, assigned me to a fairly new company in Santa Clara. The name of this company was Apple. While working there I had the opportunity to meet Steve Jobs. He was a very nice man who treated those around him with dignity and respect. He was so friendly and down to earth that for the longest time I did not know that he was the owner of the company. Years later, after Apple became a super giant in the computer business, I always remembered, the gentleman genious, who made his employees, even a lowly contract security guard, feel as if they were part of his team. He will be missed. God bless him and his family.'
    - from Edgar

'Steve Jobs was an inventor and innovator whose products were the "cream of the crop"...Bill Gates was like China...steal the copyright
    and build it cheaper and with lots of bugs...and just as I say this I got a blue screenon my MicroSoftS**t computer ...
    I am going out tomorrow and buy an Ipad...'
    - from Joseph
    Sal
    Sal

farewell to Steve  Empty Re: farewell to Steve

Post by Sal Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Sad indeed, 56 years old is to young....

Sal
    davidness
    davidness

Post by davidness Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:25 am

My entire working career has been Apple-centric, and I am proud to call myself an original Apple Fan-Boy. I started with the Apple II+, then IIe, then Mac 128, etc. etc. etc. I currently have 3 Macs running at home, including my media server and my web server, plus the iPhone & iPad, of course. I make my living as a FileMaker developer (FileMaker is a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple).

Steve Jobs has had a major, direct impact on my life, and I will miss him. I would have like to see what he could have done given another 30 years. He was a visionary in a world too full of copy-cats.
    j4570

Post by j4570 Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:31 pm

I loved my Mac when I had it too. It simply worked, no problems, well built. I do have an iphone, and believe it's the best of the smart phones. Apple has truly been innovative. The best part was they built products to last, and didn't compromise on quality or development. Steve Jobs was certainly a visionary. We might not even have GUI if it wasn't for him...or it wouldn't be as well developed.

I could see how we can relate this to Dynaco. Dynaco built an awesome amplifier. The kit idea was not the same as Apple, but a well built product for the price was, designed to work and last a long time. And innovative they both were.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm