The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

New VTA Board for the ST70 Calling Bob....

myaddiction
    myaddiction

New VTA Board for the ST70 Calling Bob.... Empty New VTA Board for the ST70 Calling Bob....

Post by myaddiction Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:02 am

I am seriously considering the VTA board for my ST70. Are there any other modifications done to the circuitry? Is the board a wire back in with the existing connections or are thewre other mods?

thanks,
    Bill
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

New VTA Board for the ST70 Calling Bob.... Empty Re: New VTA Board for the ST70 Calling Bob....

Post by Bob Latino Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Bill,

You just pull the old board and replace it with the new board. You also remove the two old 15.6 ohm bias resistors and replace them with four new 10 ohm resistors (supplied with the VTA board and parts set). You pull both resistors off the quad cap and replace one with a jumper wire and the other with a 2200 ohm resistor (supplied with the parts set). You can also remove (or leave in place) everything on pins 1-4 on the 7 lug terminal strip, the present selenium rectifier and the two original bias pots. You will also need three 12AT7 tubes. There is a short manual that comes with the board and parts set. It gives you simple instructions how to install the board. It's not that hard to do ...

If you are interested in getting a VTA board and parts set for your ST-70 just send Roy Mottram at the tubes4hifi web site or myself at Bob01605@aol.com an Email and we can give you more particulars about the board. This board will make a noticeable improvement in sound quality over your stock Dynaco driver board with the 7199 tubes.

Bob

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm