The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

No power, no internet, no heat ..

Bob Latino
    Admin

No power, no internet, no heat ..

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:53 pm

A storm hit New England and I have no power, heat, internet etc. I am at a friend's house in another town now. If any one has sent me an Email inquiry about the VTA amps in the past two days it may not have been answered ? I may be out of power for a week they tell me ..

Bob

Tom

Re: No power, no internet, no heat ..

Post by Tom on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 am

Hope you took a ST-120 with you.
    In addition to great audio,
    they make a wonderful space heater.

Seriously though, take care and hope you get home soon.

Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Well I finally got power back now on Saturday (11/5/11) ... 6 1/2 days with no electricity. The were only two GOOD things that happened during this time ... 1. It was fairly warm here in New England for this time of the year and I didn't have to worry about my pipes freezing ... 2. My wife and I stayed at my mother-in-law's house who doesn't have internet service - BUT - fortunately the fellow across the street has an unsecured wireless internet router. I was able to use my laptop computer to hop onto his wireless system (without his knowlege) and send and receive Email.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

tubes4hifi
    Admin

Post by tubes4hifi on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 pm

welcome back home Bob !

bcinnamon

Post by bcinnamon on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Glad you got your power back. There’s always the gas generator option. You’ll need at least 2000 watts so you can play your M-125s loud enough to drown out the noise of the generator.

The worst thing is that even if you have power, the cable/phone service is usually down so you still don’t have an internet connection.

TexAus

Post by TexAus on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Wow Bob,
    I was the recipient of one of those illicit email sent with barrowed bandwidth. I hope homeland security does not take us away. I would truly hate the waterboard I'm, sure.
    Thank you for all the effort you have made for us all. I'm happy you aren't freezing way up there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:58 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:58 pm