The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

bass cutting out

Digdug

bass cutting out Empty bass cutting out

Post by Digdug Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Howdy Everyone!

have a SP12 PH12 preamp, ST120 amp, a sony SACD CD player, Rega RP3, a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's, and a Dynaudio Sub 250. I run RCA cables from the SP12 PH12 to the subwoofer's SAT/SUB input then out through the SAT output to the ST120. Everything was working fine for a month or so, but lately, the sub cuts out for like a measure of the music, sometimes preceded by a "pop" and then cuts back on. I've check that all of the connections are tight. I even bought new cables, but it didn't help. This happens when I play CD's, SACDs, and vinyl. I've contacted Dynaudio and they're trying to figure out what's going on, and said they'll get back to me, but I wanted to ask if anyone here had any ideas. If it turns out it's not the subwoofer, what else could it possibly be? I loaned my solid state amp to a friend and will try it out to see if it still happens, but I won't be able to do that for a couple days. And the bass still comes in on the main speakers even when the sub cuts out.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Digdug

bass cutting out Empty Re: bass cutting out

Post by Digdug Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, I had my friend drive over with my solid state amp after all, and it's not presenting with the same problem. Odd.
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

do you have a gain control on the sub? Maybe the input signal to it is too high, and the gain is lowered to make up for it.
    Maybe try cutting the amount of signal going into the subwoofer, and turn up it's gain to compensate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm