The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Dynaco Mark III stock board

sushimaster

Dynaco Mark III stock board Empty Dynaco Mark III stock board

Post by sushimaster Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Greetings. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III that I am attempting to restuff the original driver board. I drew a schematic. But I'm not sure if it is 100% correct. There are two parts that I think I might have switched, but I'm not absolutely certain. Can someone please double check that I have the right parts listed in the correct location? Thanks.

- Sushimaster

Dynaco Mark III stock board Markiii
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco Mark III stock board Empty Re: Dynaco Mark III stock board

Post by Bob Latino Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 am

The Dynaco Mark III kits came with all the parts preassembled on the board. To my knowledge Dynaco never listed a board parts layout for the Mark III. One minor thing that I see is you have "6A98" for the tube when it is a "6AN8". If you are rebuilding your two Mark III's to play on a daily basis I would recommend that you not use the ORIGINAL driver board. The original driver boards were made of a brown phenolic material with open solder traces that does not withstand heat very well. Many of these boards developed cracks in the open solder traces. The usual symptom of a bad solder trace was one channel that developed noise or simply cut out after the amp warmed up. The Mark III came out in 1957 and some the original amps still in circulation are over 50 years old and probably have thousands of hours on them.

IMHO you are better off (if you want to keep the driver original circuit) to purchase two new driver boards and parts sets from Dynakitparts. The Dynakitparts boards are made of modern .062 FR4 material and are much more heat resistant than the original Mark III boards.

Mark III repacement boards

Bob
    sushimaster

Post by sushimaster Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:37 pm

I think I figured it out. Thanks Bob for pointing out the N, I dont know why I put a 9 there. I think I'm gonna purchase a blank new board from dynakitparts.com and stuff it myself. The assembled one is more than I would like to spend.

Here is what I think the schematic should be. Could someone please double check it for errors? Feel free to distribute it, modify it and use it any way shape or form. It is my contribution to the Dynaco community because I am a Dynaco fan.

Dynaco Mark III stock board Markiiistockboard

- Sushimaster
    vargasmongo3435
    vargasmongo3435

Post by vargasmongo3435 Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello

so that might look like this?

Dynaco Mark III stock board Mark_i18

Dynaco Mark III stock board Mark_i19

with all my respect of course, this is a bit more heavy duty board, "prototype"

but I wish to know the measurements of the board in millimeters.

Regards
    Juan
    quad

Post by quad Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:30 pm

vargasmongo3435 wrote:

but I wish to know the measurements of the board in millimeters.

Regards
    Juan

http://www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5636
    vargasmongo3435
    vargasmongo3435

Post by vargasmongo3435 Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Thank you quad really good info I appreciated.

Regards
    Juan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm