The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

American Tube value? I think not....

audiobill

American Tube value?  I think not.... Empty American Tube value? I think not....

Post by audiobill Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:56 pm

deepee99
    deepee99

American Tube value?  I think not.... Empty Re: American Tube value? I think not....

Post by deepee99 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

It's not expensive or pretentious enough to interest me.
    zx

American Tube value?  I think not.... Empty Re: American Tube value? I think not....

Post by zx Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks for the info....
    I have owened more than one of the hhscott tube preamp, tuners have a 355 now... I have even had 299b-c
    much better sound than any of the Mcintosh tubes setup ...An even better the Dyanco tube peaces I have owned..................
    Vary Sweet tube tone..never heard any thing like there sound.......may be it was there aluminium chassis..

Money.....most things are over priced to day.....like one pill that sales for $10k an you must take 10... if we had.....$100 million dollars....an could not buy someing with it we go nuts...justsaying
    Mapleshade re-works the old stock hhscott for big $$.....
    ck it out there some free tweeks for getting good sound...

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/

thanks for the site Bob....
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Gee -- that is surprising to read that from Steve G. I have read his reviews before and really enjoyed them but this one has me a bit stumped. $4K when he hasn't listened to a Latino amp or tried to build one? Strange to me. I read his review on Zu Druids and it intrigued me enough to listen to them at Axpona 2 years ago. Really like the SDFR concept and he was spot on. I ended up purchasing a pair and they are a great match with Bob's VTA-70 I built s few years ago. Really enjoying vinyl again and figured out that one LP side is approx. 30 minutes -- just enough time for me and the elliptical workout!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 am