The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit

bepece

Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit Empty Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit

Post by bepece Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi, curious if anyone has any ideas, I have recently noticed low output from one channel. Tone controls are bypassed, it has Alps volume and balance controls, the internals have been redone with the PAS3-Z kit. I have cleaned the tube sockets and changed the tubes around, but trying to get an idea of where to start poking around with my meter, seems it would be simple enough to track down, but I am not familiar with this preamp. I have an all stock PAS-3 which doesn't help as a point of reference. Thanks in advance!

Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit Empty Re: Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:21 pm

did this just suddenly manifest itself one day? Were there any other symptoms such as crackling or any other unusual noises before the one channel went low?
    Also, just double check all your solder joints again, including the wiring. What RCA sockets are you using, still the original ones?
    bepece

Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit Empty Re: Low audio one channel PAS3 - PAS3-Z kit

Post by bepece Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm

I just noticed it while it was playing so I thought a tube was getting weak. No noises or anything. RCA sockets have been upgraded as well. I will double check the wiring, wasn't sure if it would be either pot and wasn't sure how to check that. Thanks!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:40 pm

bepece wrote:I just noticed it while it was playing so I thought a tube was getting weak. No noises or anything. RCA sockets have been upgraded as well. I will double check the wiring, wasn't sure if it would be either pot and wasn't sure how to check that. Thanks!

'pm' me with your e-mail address so that I can send you some additional wiring diagrams
    vchong68

Post by vchong68 Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:51 am

Recently I was facing the same issue. In the end it was found that one channel of the loudness tap on the Vol Pot was open.

The results in the the faulty channel gets louder so that I thought the good one was weak.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am