The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

MK3 boards

doncrossman

MK3 boards Empty MK3 boards

Post by doncrossman on Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am

have a pair of mark 3s   been thinking of a build  and i am far from a tech in any way but i have a few questions .
    i like to know why the board prices at the other place are about twice as much ? and there's are singles  not pairs that really makes no sense to me . again not a tech .
    i would want to use 12au7 and 12bh7 tubes in them.
    these boards to do away with the can cap seems to be a smart move ? can you tell me why
    Cheers Don
    stewdan

MK3 boards Empty Re: MK3 boards

Post by stewdan on Tue May 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi Don --- I have several pairs of Mk3's that I upgraded with Tubes4Hifi's 12au7 type Mk3 boards.

The boards add extra capacitance, but DO NOT do away with the Can/Quad Cap.

You can replace the 50 year old Quad Cap with a modern rendition or use one of the replacement Capacitor PCBs that are available on line.

For the Non-Tech I would go with the 80-40-30-20 type Quad Caps, they are far easier to install than the PCB.
    See www.Dynakitparts.com for these or ask Tubes4hifi if they have any!

If you have any more questions, ask away.

Stew
    doncrossman

MK3 boards Empty MK3 boards

Post by doncrossman on Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks for the fast reply  stewdan.
    I'd  like to leave the can cap on it and just put new caps underside to replace the cans , this is what i thought the boards did.  i figured it would save me  some money on the build .

boards ordered

Sponsored content

MK3 boards Empty Re: MK3 boards

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 25, 2020 9:25 pm