The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

ST-120 SCM assembly consultation

Nonoshan

ST-120 SCM assembly consultation Empty ST-120 SCM assembly consultation

Post by Nonoshan on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

I am probably being dumb but I am confused on the scm steps. It says to connect which I believe means solder the repository to the terminal strip and later it said to connect jumper wire to the same place. I am unclear when to solder and of the resistors and jumper wire connect to the strip or the lug hanging off ST-120 SCM assembly consultation Cb19cb10
    Nonoshan

ST-120 SCM assembly consultation Empty Re: ST-120 SCM assembly consultation

Post by Nonoshan on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:58 am

ST-120 SCM assembly consultation 5442ae10

I now think it goes this way am I right? Then solder our all together. If so any ideas on how to hold in place for a good solder.
    buchela

Post by buchela on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:42 pm

nonoshan :The second picture is correct, do not touch the roundish holes ( brown strip ) use the bigger holes. With the terminal strip bent leg facing down and the bent tip towards you, and the bigger (elongated) holes pointing the sky, from left to right, number each tab, from one to five, a resistor goes between #1 and #2, don't touch #3,( that one has a bent leg, the bent section is to be screwed to the chassis ).Place another resistor between #4 and #5, the jumper goes between #2 and #4. Capacitors are placed the same way as resistors just pay attention to the white band (or black) on the side of the capacitor (this is the negative side), look in the instructions manual to find out which side this band should be facing. both capacitors are placed with the band facing the same direction. I hope this help.
    buchela

Post by buchela on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:03 pm

To hold the terminal strip I used a piece wood and screwed the bent leg #3 to that. ( I used a piece of two by four ) not pretty, but when resources are limited, this will do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 am