The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Vacuum Tube Values.com

Brap
    Brap

Vacuum Tube Values.com Empty Vacuum Tube Values.com

Post by Brap Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:47 pm

Have had my VTA ST-70 since 2013 running the same Gold Lion KT-66's. From reading this forum I was inclined to get a a new quad set since their age and the Holidays are coming up and people will be over listening. HOLY SMOKES!! My amp has "woken up". Streaming Jazz-on radio from Germany. At the same level on my Parasound Halo, I am now louder, bass is "deeper" for lack of a better term and overall detail is really sweet with the new quads. Not sure how to explaing it (Bob would know for sure) but for thosie having older sets of tubes, trust me, get some new ones.
    Not just because of what I am hearing but highly recommend Vacuumtubevalues.com if you need some valves. Good price and avaiability along with quick delivery. Matched quad set and burn in for 24 hrs. 90 day warranty. Check them out.
    Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving and I am grateful for this wonderful hobby and everyone who posts so I can continue to learn.

mijohn and ttocs like this post

ttocs
    ttocs

Vacuum Tube Values.com Empty Re: Vacuum Tube Values.com

Post by ttocs Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm

I've purchased all of my tubes from Vacuum Tube Values. Great to deal with.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:35 pm

Vacuum tubes will slowly "wear out" in time. Output tubes should be changed out about 3000 - 4000 hours. Driver tubes can last a little longer maybe 5000 - 6000 hours. After a certain amount of time the sound of your tube amp will degrade very slightly You may not even realize this because the sound degradation is very subtle. Brap is not the first audiophile who has noticed that the sound of his amp has improved after changing out output or driver tubes.

Bob
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:24 pm

Thanks much Bob. Yes, the degradation was very subtle over time but once replaced with new output tubes, immediate improvement.
    MechEngVic
    MechEngVic

Post by MechEngVic Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:12 am

Almost 10 years with the same tubes? That's a stable amp!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am