The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos Empty Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos

Post by Bob Latino Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:24 pm

The Dynaco A-25 and other Dynaco speakers were probably the most widely sold speakers ever. Like the Dynaco ST-70 amp, literally hundereds of thousands of speaker pairs were sold during the 1970's. It was reported that the Danish factory that produced them at one point in time could not make them fast enough for US consumption. As soon as a shipment of these speakers arrived they would be sold out very quickly. In the pile of Dynaco literature that I have here I found the schematic drawings for the cabinets below ... By the way, if you still have a pair of these speakers and need drivers or crossover components I believe that Morel or Madisound may have components that you could use. Give them a call. If anyone knows of another place that sells components for these speakers let us know?

Bob

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos DynacoA10cabinetplans

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos DynacoA25cabinetplans

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos DynacoA35_40cabinetplans
    avasquez

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos Empty Re: Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos

Post by avasquez Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Bob,

I am having trouble finding woofers for my A25s. Can you give me a number or email address for the Morel and/or Madisound in you post. Thanks.

Alex
    Luddite
    Luddite

Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos Empty Re: Dynaco A-10, A-25, A-35 (40) speaker schematics - photos

Post by Luddite Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:46 pm

avasquez wrote:Hi Bob,

I am having trouble finding woofers for my A25s. Can you give me a number or email address for the Morel and/or Madisound in you post. Thanks.

Alex

Alex,

Madisound stocks the current A26RE4 SEAS woofer which has similar specs, but the frame is a few millimeters larger in diameter and will not fit within the baffle recess of the Dynaco A25's. However, Zalytron (http://www.zalytron.com/) still lists the last version of SEAS woofers made for the Dynaco A25's on their website:

model/25F-EW 10" Coated paper $91.65 each

I understand that SEAS no longer makes this model and I don't know if Zalytron has any left in stock, but if they do, this would be a "drop-in" replacement. BTW, if they do have any left, let me know!

Best Regards,
    Charlie

P.S. The SEAS 27TDFC (H1189) is the nearest current replacement for the A25 tweeters. Late last year I was fortunate to come across two new 25F-EW woofers and two new 27TDFC tweeters (from another source). I built a pair of A25 clones and they do sound sweet indeed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:00 am