The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

I have two Mark IIIs that need work

Steven0356

I have two Mark IIIs that need work Empty I have two Mark IIIs that need work

Post by Steven0356 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

I have two Mark IIIs that could use some attention.

Amp #1
    All the voltages look right, the tubes check out good and the bias is set correctly, but I am not sure I could set it any higher. This amp has a very week thin sound.

Amp #2
    Tubes check out good, it sounds good but it's not as loud as i would expect it and I can't get the bias to set correctly. The rectifier tube and the bias circuit capacitor are both good. The rectifier tube and the bias circuit capacitor are both good.

neither one of these amps are as loud as i would have thought they would be.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Does anyone now of someone good that will work on these.

Does anyone know tngan408 on ebay? He says he works on Mark III

Thank you for you help

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

I have two Mark IIIs that need work Empty Re: I have two Mark IIIs that need work

Post by Bob Latino Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum .... One of the best Dynaco tube amp technicians in the USA is Sal Brisindi in New Jersey. Email Sal directly at > salb203@aol.com and give him a rundown on each amp. I'm sure he can help you get your two Mark III's up and running properly ..

Bob
    Steven0356

I have two Mark IIIs that need work Empty Re: I have two Mark IIIs that need work

Post by Steven0356 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks Bob I emailed him
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for the referral and the kind words Bob. Steven emailed me and I replied.

Sal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm