The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Cap swapping...

Pooch

Cap swapping... Empty Cap swapping...

Post by Pooch Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 pm

I've put a Mundorf SIO .22 cap in C1 (normally a .1), on my VTA MK4s. Should this pose any problems long term? I like the sound, with AudioCap Theta .22 coupling at C5 and C7. Also a .1 Theta at C3.
    Gordy
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Cap swapping... Empty Re: Cap swapping...

Post by Bob Latino Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Gordy,

You can normally go up one size in caps like that with no ill effect. The .22 uF in place of the .10 uF should cause no issues with the amp. I think that C1 looks at about 125 to 150 volts. As long as that cap is 400 volt rated or higher you should be OK. Maybe be even a 200 rated cap would work also but I would feel better if C1 is 400 volts.

Bob
    Pooch

Post by Pooch Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks, Bob.As much as I like them at C1, I pulled them and put them at C5,C7.I put the .1 Theta back at C1. I think I'm going to order a couple of .1 Mundorf SIO or gold silver in oil and stick those at C1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm