The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+7
Kramer
boeingpilot
Bob Latino
quadaptor
skriefal
Elrick
sKiZo
11 posters

Dynaco Center Channel

dmagazz
    dmagazz

Dynaco Center Channel - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynaco Center Channel

Post by dmagazz Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:01 pm

what i would do is be sure the center speaker is double the watts of the L and R,( just for surety )because its taking power from both sides of the tranny, then get a crossover choke coil matching the center speaker, connect the L and R speaker's negatives to the center tap( sweeper) of the rheostat,( L-pad) hook the choke and speaker to the common, hook the choke + to the the L-pad min side. connect the center speaker + to the max side, this way as the attenuator is decreased it fazes out the center speaker and moves the power from the L and R negatives to the common through the choke coil, and keeps the ohms proper. basically kind of using it as a balance control going from quiet coil to speaker coil but will act as a volume.
    discy

Post by discy Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:11 pm

dmagazz wrote:what i would do is be sure the center speaker is double the watts of the L and R,( just for surety )because its taking power from both sides of the tranny, then get a crossover choke coil matching the center speaker, connect the L and R speaker's negatives to the center tap( sweeper) of the rheostat,( L-pad) hook the choke and speaker to the common, hook the choke + to the the L-pad min side. connect the center speaker + to the max side, this way as the attenuator is decreased it fazes out the center speaker and moves the power from the L and R negatives to the common through the choke coil, and keeps the ohms proper. basically kind of using it as a balance control going from quiet coil to speaker coil but will act as a volume.

This must be a very good answer but I cannot understand it Dynaco Center Channel - Page 2 1f615.
    What I got out of it, is that it won't work with what I have currently, right?

I'm now looking into buying a small 100w mono power-amp, convert my stereo line-out to mono and create a center channel that way...
    Makes sense?
    dmagazz
    dmagazz

Post by dmagazz Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:25 pm

sure you can do that. a simple Y connector to the line outs, summ's it into a monoblock input.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:02 pm