The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

PH16 phono preamp review

Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

PH16 phono preamp review Empty PH16 phono preamp review

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:47 pm

here's a forum posting of a review on our PH16 phono preamp - this was built by a novice,
    but this guy know how to write !!!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/246524-building-vta-tubes4hifi-ph16-phono-stage-2.html

see post #20
    deepee99
    deepee99

PH16 phono preamp review Empty Re: PH16 phono preamp review

Post by deepee99 Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:38 am

While I wimped out and engaged the good offices of Troy Madden to build my PH-16, I can certainly second the reviewer's high opinion of this remarkable phono preamp. With the right tube complement, there simply ain't anything out there, for any amount of money, like it for just pure quality sound.
    xlr8

Post by xlr8 Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:33 pm

I got some nice Amperex 7308 for the model just prior (ph15) and will never forget the first time I heard the words "breathe deep the gathering gloom" bloom out before me from somewhere within the room. It is just amazing what happens when you put good tubes into this gear these guys are selling.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:56 pm

xlr8 wrote:I got some nice Amperex 7308 for the model just prior (ph15) and will never forget the first time I heard the words "breathe deep the gathering gloom" bloom out before me from somewhere within the room. It is just amazing what happens when you put good tubes into this gear these guys are selling.

Ah, a Moody tune for sure. The 16 likes Ampexes as well. I have some U.S.-made PQs haven't tried yet, but the pair from Herleen (sp?) in there now sure make it talk. Would also be tempted by Japanese Mullards or even the famed Telefunkens, but that's up to Santa.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 am