3) which other kind do you recommend if the above two are not the right kind?
I think the amp is fixed now, hopefully maybe anyway. I have not yet heard any music out of it. I unscrewed the driver board and snipped off several of the wires that might have been a little too long (not sure if that was it tho). Then I turned the amp open side down and used cans of compressed air to blow it out of any possible bits of wire or anything in there. I replaced the rectifier tube with a JJ GZ34. So then I turned it on and everything was fine for 5 to 7 minutes as I read the instructions to bias the amp. All eight tubes lit up perfectly and no noise, all seemed great. Then I biased the first tube to 0.550 and then as I was turning up the bias on the second tube the fuse blew. I think it might have blown because I needed an extra hand to hold the ground probe on the chassis and so I didn't get a good meter read on the bias and so i think i went too high. So now I need to find a source for this fuse, which is definitely blown.