The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Dual control bias modification for ST-70

lorne
    lorne

Dual control bias modification for ST-70 Empty Dual control bias modification for ST-70

Post by lorne Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 am

Greetings Brother & Sister Dyna Fans: after being a guest for some time, this is my first post — an inquiry.

A LONG-TIME-PARKED PROJECT:
    I bought my 1960's vintage ST-70 from a friend back in '89. I moved to Asia in 1993, so it was stored for years. When it finally caught up with me in Japan, I decided to rebuild it. I got half way and — life happened. So it parked for some years. Now I am hot to get it running once again. It will be teamed up with a Melos 1+1 tube preamp. (They make for a perfect marriage!)

I have kept my '70' as close to stock configuration as possible but for these essential changes: (a) the upgraded PA-060-S power transformer, and most importantly here (b) a Triode Electronics (USA) capacitor board.

QUESTION:Has anyone installed the Dynakit's Dual Control Bias kit with the Triode cap board?

This kit allows for each output EL-34 or whatever to be biased individually — one tube on either side is initially biased, and the remaining two balanced in turn.

Best regards to all — Lorne
    dmag
    dmag

Dual control bias modification for ST-70 Empty Re: Dual control bias modification for ST-70

Post by dmag Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm running them on two ST70's. Both have stock driver boards,one from Dynakitparts. They work as advertised.
    Be sure to read his description carefully. The bias procedure is a bit different than your description.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm